Saturday, February 13, 2010

[no subject]

Kind of a personal one here, but I'd been thinking about it all day and all yesterday too.

But you know, sometimes I do stupid things, say stupid things, act ridiculously, get anxious over nothing, make tons of mistakes. I have silly ideas, and opinions not everyone agrees with. I try WAY too hard not to blunder socially. And there is sure a hell of a lot in the world I don't understand.

But when I sit down to draw, none of that bullshit matters anymore. I get so enthralled and excited by the idea that every day I get to wake up and tell stories about whatever I want for the rest of my days, to enjoy the world and entertain, whether anyone else likes it or not. And that hasn't changed since I was 6 years old and found out someone could actually grow up to do that.

Even if I still have a lot to learn about myself and the world, I'm glad to have art as my anchor.

Cheers everyone and continue to make great things!

4 comments:

saramations said...

I totally understand where you are coming from...<3
We should hang out more. :>

Mario said...

Cheers to that, Kate!
Art is where nothing else matters and it's only you and the page.

Andrew said...

Creative works are the only time you get to give a big ol' middle finger to reality and get away with it.

samakain said...

Take note of how many people arn't doing what they want to do. These people waste a finite life on being bored. You do what you love kiddo which to me means you have a better grip than most.

its the rest of the world thats fucking insane, its no wonder it leaves us remarkable few somewhat confused

<3